Friday 27 December 2013

Stormy winter reading list!

Well it's been a while again and I have been meaning to write this post for several weeks. But here it is!  

My favourite winter reads. 

1. Rachel Caine - Daylighters

2. Orson Scott Card - Enders game

3. Veronica Roth - Allegiant



The view from my bed side table is just packed full of books - most of which I am yet to read ( but I will ). I read daylighters way back at the start of november when it first came out. I have long been a fan of the Morganville vampires (in particular Myrinn!) and couldn't wait to read the conclusion. It certainly didn't disappoint. As sad as I am that it has ended it true lilt was an energetic and thrilling conclusion!   

I actually only finished Enders game the day before Christmas Eve. When I first see. The trailer I knew this was a film I wanted to see then never did and here I am, months later reading the book instead. IT BLEW MY MIND!!!!! Best book I have read since well... Daylighters! We'll worth a read and don't let the face that it's 30 years old put you of - you can't tell! Roll on March so I can finally see the film on DVD

I  have to admit I haven't actually read Allegiant yet... It's next on my list. But if it's anything like the rest of the series I'm sure I'll love it! 

As for the other books photographed above- those a that I have read are excellent favourites are 

Jane Austen - pride and prejudice 
Michelle Hodkins - the evolution of Mara dyer
Justin Lewis - Olly Murs the biography

Stay warm and safe in the stormy weather and I'd you have no electricity I feel for you! And no matter how tempting it is to read by torch light no story is worth risking your eyesight. No even these! 

-Lottie xox

No comments:

Post a Comment